Liquid Robotics is an ocean data services provider and developer of the Wave Glider, the world’s first wave-powered, autonomous marine robot. This persistent and versatile platform for ocean science and exploration breaks the economic and risk barriers to ocean data collection. The Wave Glider enables game-changing scientific discoveries to help us address the biggest challenges our world faces, including global climate change, national security, hurricane & tsunami warning, and offshore energy & resource management.
The Wave Glider
The Wave Glider is the first unmanned autonomous marine robot to use only the ocean’s endless supply of wave energy for propulsion (no manpower, no emissions, no refueling). The Wave Glider employs a multi-patented design that allows it to cost-effectively collect and transmit data gathered during yearlong missions, over distances of thousands of miles, or while holding station. The Wave Glider enables game changing scientific discoveries to help us address the biggest challenges our world faces, including global climate change, national security, hurricane & tsunami warning, and offshore energy & resource management.
Vehicle as a Service
Want ocean data services without owning and managing a Wave Glider? Liquid Robotics operates Wave Gliders that can be offered at daily rates. Provide us your sensor requirements and desired course, leave the piloting up to us and we’ll deliver you the data. Efficient, cost effective and on demand.
Available for a minimum service term of 15 days (off-the-shelf vehicles) or 90 days (configured to order vehicles).
Vehicle as a Service includes:
• Wave Glider
• All piloting and vehicle health services, 24/7/365
• Mission planning, including planning for challenging locations
• Up to five customer accounts on the Wave Glider Management System user interface
• All software maintenance charges
• Maintenance, spares, and upgrades as required
• Communications (satellite or other) charges
• Launch, recovery, and rescue operations
• Travel and per diem costs for required maintenance
• Advanced configuration of sensors by Liquid Robotics (quoted separately)
• Shipping and taxes
Pre-Configured Wave Gliders
Select from our standard METOC and Gateway Wave Glider configurations. Minimum service period: 15 days.
Configured to Order Wave Glider
Custom platform configuration and sensor options. Minimum service period: 90 days.
• Ecosystem & Habitat Monitoring
• Earthquake & Tsunami Warning
• Resource Management
• Climate Change
• Water Quality Management
• Subsea to Air Communications