People + Organizations
The Society for Underwater Technology (SUT) is a multidisciplinary learned society that brings together organisations and individuals with a common interest in underwater technology, ocean science and offshore engineering.
SUT was founded in 1966 and has members from around 40 countries, including engineers, scientists, other professionals and students working in these areas.
The aims of the Society
The SUT was founded to promote the further understanding of the underwater environment and to encourage:
- cross–fertilisation and dissemination of ideas, experience and information between workers in academic research, applied research and technology, industry and government
- development of techniques and tools to explore, study and exploit the oceans
- proper economic and sociological usage of resources in and beneath the oceans
- further education of scientists and technologists to maintain high standards in marine science and technology.
- . . . and interests
The SUT considers all aspects of technology applied to:
- diving and manned submersibles
- environmental forces
- marine policy
- marine renewable energies
- ocean resources
- offshore site investigation and geotechnics
- salvage and decommissioning
- subsea engineering and operations
- underwater robotics
- underwater science
- underwater vehicles
Phone: +44 0 20 3440 5535
Fax: +44 0 20 3440 5980