Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center, Pacific (SSC Pacific) Code 564 intends to hold an Industry Day to familiarize potential Offerors with the requirements for their Unmanned Maritime Systems Support (UMSS) acquisition, N66001-14-R-0028. The Industry Day will be held at SSC Pacific on Weds, January 15th from 0900-1130AM in San Diego, CA onboard the Naval Base Point Loma "Topside" campus in the Building A33 Auditorium.
2. The purpose of the UMSS Industry Day is to: 1) improve the understanding of Government requirements and 2) provide prospective Offerors an opportunity for networking (i.e. for such purposes as subcontracting opportunities, etc.).
3. The scope of the UMSS requirement is anticipated to include: a. Studies and Analysis b. Requirements, Specifications, and Design c. Fabrication, Development, Integration, Assembly, and Installation d. Test and Evaluation e. Fielding and Operations f. Deport Maintenance Support g. Training h. Logistics i. Documentation, Administration, Configuration Management, and Program Management Further information is available in the pre-solicitation synopsis for N66001-14-R-0028.
4. To support this requirement, SSC Pacific intends to compete this effort as a full and open competition. This effort will be formally solicited under one Request for Proposal (RFP), which is anticipated to result in a multiple award contract (MAC). Delivery/task orders will be competed amongst the awardees for specific requirements within the scope of the contract (s). SSC Pacific will release a draft RFP for N66001-14-R-0028 through the SPAWAR e- Commerce Central (https://e-commerce.sscno.nmci.navy.mil/). SSC Pacific will attempt to issue the draft RFP before the UMSS Industry Day; if not before, soon thereafter. Extensive small business subcontracting opportunities are anticipated.
5. Attendee limitation: Due to limited seating and parking, potential Offerors will be limited to 2 Industry Day attendees per company.
6. If you plan on attending, please email Trapper Ballard, SSC Pacific Contract Specialist, at email@example.com by no later than 30 December 2013. Include your company name, company CAGE code, and name of attendees (two maximum), phone number, and email address. Please indicate whether you are a large or small business under NAICS 541330. Finally, indicate whether or not you will permit SSC Pacific to distribute your company contact information.