FAST FORWARD TO YOUR NEXT MISSION
Integrity, confidence, discipline and commitment define your career in Battelle's National Security Global Business. Battelle was built on a firm foundation of honesty, integrity, and outstanding service and the work we do in national security impacts lives around the world; whether we're creating armor for military applications, testing a life-saving vaccine, or developing a more efficient hydrogen fuel cell. At Battelle, we reward the best work with more responsibility, positions to grow and develop, and the opportunity to make a positive impact on the world. Are YOU ready for your Next Mission?
Our National Security Global Business is currently seeking a mechanical design engineer. This position is located in Columbus, OH. Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience. Relocation support may be available. Position Responsibilities
The candidate will take a role in the analysis, specification and design of mechanical and electro-mechanical components, equipment, and systems for use in applications in ocean and related environments. Product areas include sensor packaging, autonomous underwater vehicle payloads and support equipment, manned submersibles, and undersea energy and communications systems. Clients include the US Navy and other Department of Defense organizations, as well as the ocean science and oil & gas communities. The candidate will typically work on teams of CAD designers, engineers, scientists, fabricators and technicians in a multi-disciplinary environment under time and budget restrictions to deliver specialized equipment for a variety of customers.
The successful candidate will execute design tasks and be required to report on their technical, schedule, and financial status. The candidate will be expected to continuously improve their performance in technical capability through on-the-job training and outside study. Air travel will be required.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Ocean Engineering, or an equivalent discipline, with one to five years experience (including co-ops/internships) in mechanical design supporting hardware development.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
• Sole US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain DOD Top Secret Security clearance.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
• Master of Science in Mechanical or Ocean Engineering, or an equivalent discipline.
• Experience in mechanical design for undersea environments.
• Active Top Secret government security clearance with Special Background Investigation (SBI)
• Experience in the following areas: robotics, deployable energy systems, undersea communications, manned submersibles, unmanned undersea vehicles