May 12, 2015 POCASSET, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Hydroid, Inc., a subsidiary of Kongsberg Maritime and the leading manufacturer of autonomous underwater vehicles (AUVs), today announced its open enrollment training schedule for 2015. The schedule will feature five unique courses from June through October, and provide participants with operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and navigation skills for REMUS vehicles. All courses are led by Hydroid’s expert technicians, and will be held at the company’s new manufacturing facility, located at 3 Henry Drive in Pocasset, Mass.
The 2015 schedule and course descriptions are as follows:
• REMUS 100 Field Maintenance Course | June 15-19 and September 14-18: This five-day course is designed to provide REMUS 100 operators with a more detailed view of maintenance procedures and troubleshooting techniques for both onboard maintenance and daily routines. Students who successfully complete course requirements will receive a Field Maintenance Certificate.
• REMUS 100 Operators Course | July 13-17: This introductory five-day program is designed to provide a limited number of attendees with a thorough understanding and hands-on operational experiences required to successfully operate and maintain the REMUS system.
• NAV-P Course | October 19-20: This two-day course is designed for operators that require a greater understanding of the navigation component and accuracies within the vehicle, how it relates to the data collected, and practical guidance on improving and monitoring those accuracies.
• NAV-Lab Course | October 21: This course is designed for NavLab users and focuses on the analysis of post processing data from practical exercises to consolidate information learned in the Nav-P Course.
• Side Scan Sonar Data Interpretation Course | August 17-19: This two-day course will focus on sonar operational theory and data interpretation for overall survey, as well as targeted search operations and mapping applications. It will be presented jointly with John Perry Fish, founder of American Underwater Search and Survey.
For more information on Hydroid’s open enrollment training, please contact Maureen Kelley at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here.