Teledyne RD Instruments is the industry’s leading manufacturer of Acoustic Doppler Current Profilers for a wide array of oceanographic applications. In addition to ADCPs, the company also offers their Citadel line of CTDs for Conductivity, Temperature, and Depth measurements.
We are once again pleased to offer the academic oceanographic community the opportunity to utilize these tools free of charge for a near-term deployment via Teledyne RDI’s Academic Product Grant. Your project can include ADCPs, CTDs, or a combination of the two technologies. Please submit your proposals detailing how you would use Teledyne RD Instruments ADCPs and/ or CTDs to improve your scientific research or environmental monitoring on or before April 15th, 2014.
Awards will include 6 months total use of up to one each of the following instruments, depending upon your application:
• Sentinel V for self-contained, coastal current profiling and/or waves measurements
• Citadel CTD for Conductivity, Temperature and Depth measurements
Teledyne RDI's total product pool for this grant includes (2) Sentinel Vs and (2) Citadel CTDs. These instruments will be allocated individually, or in concert with each other, depending upon the winning grant configurations.
• Applicants must be students that are currently affiliated with a recognized university or institution that is pursuing oceanographic studies.
• Applications must be received by April 15, 2014.
• Proposed study must be completed within a 6 month period (with quantifiable results within 3 months).
Applications will be reviewed and considered based on the following:
• Merit of the study
◦ Are the goals/timeline achievable?
◦ Is the proposed study innovative in its design or potential conclusions?
◦ What criteria could be used to evaluate the success of the study?
• Broader Impacts
◦ How does the proposed study improve the understanding of our oceans?
• Safety of the products and personnel
• Teledyne RDI will be involved in the instrument configuration.
• Photos of instrument/deployment hardware will be provided to Teledyne RDI.
• Data collected with the equipment will be supplied to Teledyne RDI.
• Teledyne RDI will have the opportunity to perform a post deployment accuracy verification prior to any publishing of data.
• If the instrumentation is lost or damaged, university insurance will be used to purchase a replacement system.
• Teledyne RDI will be allowed to publish the results on our web site.
• If data are presented at any other venue, Teledyne RD Instruments shall be mentioned by name as a partner.
External link: http://www.rdinstruments.com/academic_grant.aspx