July 31, 2013 - via IEEE/OES
OES is pleased to announce the following scholarship winners for the first half of 2013.
Abhra Roy Chowdhury, graduate student, National University of Singapore
- Sheng-wei Huang, graduate student, National Taiwan University
Nicole Marshall, undergraduate student, Dalhousie University
- Benjamin Wiles, undergraduate student, Florida Atlantic University
The next scholarship application deadline is September 1st, 2013.
Details at: http://www.ieeeoes.org/page.cfm/cat/81/OES-Student-Scholarship-Program/
There are two award cycles each year. Completed applications must be postmarked by 1 May for scholarship award in September of that year, or 1 September for an award in the following January.
Multiple undergraduate and graduate scholarships of $2,000.00 are available yearly. Funding is for academic tuition and fees, and is not intended to fund research.
- Students must be enrolled full-time at an accredited college or university in a field of study that will lead to a career in ocean engineering or a related ocean science field and must have demonstrated excellence in academics.
- Must be an IEEE Oceanic Engineering Society student or regular member in good standing, there is no waiting period
- Undergraduate students must have completed (at least) the second year of study.
- Graduate students must be currently enrolled, or have been accepted, in a graduate program of ocean engineering or a related ocean science field and must have demonstrated the ability to perform independent research through professional and/or academic recognition programs.
External link: http://www.ieeeoes.org/page.cfm/cat/81/OES-Student-Scholarship-Program/