Attending IEEE AUV?
We invite you to join us for an in-depth overview of the principals and applications of Teledyne RDI’s Doppler Velocity Log (DVL) products as they apply to your underwater platform.
This event will take place in conjunction with the IEEE AUV 2012 conference, which runs from September 24 – 27, 2012. Our free DVL training seminar will begin at 10:00 a.m. and end with cocktails at 4:00 pm, just in time for you to move over to the White Star at 5:00 for the IEEE AUV Ice Breaker. Lunch and beverage breaks will be provided.
Date: Monday, September 24, 2012
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Location: Southampton University, UK (room TBD)
This basic training will focus on the fundamentals of Doppler Velocity Logs (DVL’s), basic operation, diagnostics, and fundamental concerns for integration. Agenda will include:
• Basics of Doppler Shift
• Basic operational setup/software
• Data output and interpretation
• Ping rate and effect on accuracy
• Effects and importance of Speed of Sound, temperature, salinity, turbidity, roll, pitch, yaw
• Using a DVL at low altitude
• Using a DVL at low and high velocities - limitations and effects on accuracy
• Differences related to beam orientation (Beam 3 forward vs. all beams at 45 degrees)
• Causes of saturation and ringing
• External sensors (Sound Velocity Probe, Temperature, and pressure sensors)
• Sources of interference.
• Using a DVL in conjunction with other acoustic sensors and the need for triggering
• Problem solving - Diagnostic Fundamentals for DVL’s
• Basic maintenance
• A look inside the DVL
Pre-registration for this event is required. Please register here,
or contact Margo Newcombe at email@example.com.